How do I get a fire station tour or visit?

Residents are welcome to tour any one of Bellevue's nine fire stations. We offer tours 7 days a week during business hours. To request a station tour, please fill out our request form.

Where is my neighborhood fire station?

The fire house map shows where all nine Bellevue Fire stations are located.

I need to have my child's car seat inspected, does the fire department do that?

No, we don't but you can visit safercar.gov and enter your zip code to find out who can check the safety of your car seat.

Are fireworks legal for sale and use in Bellevue?

The sale and discharge of all fireworks are banned within the City of Bellevue. The personal use of fireworks has accounted for numerous fires and injuries (especially to children) in the past. Make plans to attend public fireworks displays and leave the discharge of fireworks to the professionals.

What is a "Preventable Response?"

When firefighters are called to a building because its automatic alarm system is triggered by something other than a fire, it is often a "preventable response." False alarms are  increasingly frequent. To cover the added cost and time,  the City of Bellevue charges fees for alarms considered preventable. The intent is to encourage maintenance and needed modification of alarm systems and discourage careless acts that result in alarm activation. This in turn should increase the availability of fire department resources for legitimate emergencies.

Fire Extinguishers: What type do I need, how and why do recharge them?

The Bellevue Fire Department highly recommends every home have at least one fire extinguisher. It should be of the “ABC” type and kept in a location where it can be readily accessible. fire extinguishers handout

How do I dispose of old fire extinguishers?

Residents in King County can dispose of empty fire extinguishers with their regular garbage. Non-empty fire extinguishers should be taken to a household hazardous waste location for disposal. Locations include Factoria and the roving Wastemobile. For more information visit King County Hazardous Waste Management Program

How do I dispose of hazardous waste/liquids?

Paints, solvents, computers, televisions, fuels and some other materials are considered hazardous waste, and should never be thrown away with normal refuse. The King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program offers more information on what constitutes hazardous waste and appropriate disposal of such items

How do I dispose of LP Gas tanks?

Empty liquid petroleum gas canisters less than two pounds (such as the small Coleman camping canisters) may be placed in the garbage. Larger canisters, either empty or containing gas, need to be taken to one of the household hazardous waste facilities. There is a facility in Factoria.

Propane barbecue tanks should be exchanged at a propane supplier or disposed at household hazardous waste collection facilities. The King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program offers more information.


Propane barbecue tanks should be exchanged at a propane supplier or disposed at household hazardous waste collection facilities. The King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program

Is a barbecue grill allowed on the deck of my apartment or condominium?

The City of Bellevue does not restrict the storage and use of barbecue grills on decks, although your homeowners association or apartment rules may.

Can I burn outdoors?

The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency regulates indoor and outdoor burning in the urban areas of King County. The Bellevue Fire Department works closely with PSCAA to help enforce regulations specifically concerning outdoor burning. Small, recreational fires are allowed with restrictions. Open burning is prohibited in Bellevue.

Open Burning Defined

The burning of materials wherein products of combustion are emitted directly into the ambient air without passing through a stack or chimney from an enclosed chamber. Open burning does not include road flares, smudgepots or similar devices associated with safety or occupational uses. A chamber is considered enclosed when, during the time combustion occurs, only apertures, ducts, stacks, flues or chimneys necessary to provide combustion air and permit the escape of exhaust gas are open.  Open burning is prohibited at all times within the city limits and other areas served by the Bellevue Fire Department.

Recreational Fires Defined

A small outdoor fire made for pleasure, warmth, cooking or for religious, ceremonial or similar purposes, burning materials other than rubbish, where the fuel being burned is not contained in an incinerator, outdoor fireplace, barbecue grill or barbecue pit and has a total fuel area of three feet or less in diameter and two feet or less in height. Fires lit in chimneys, fire pits, fire bowls or similar free-standing devices are also considered “recreational” and should use only charcoal, dried firewood or manufactured logs.
Outside of a PSCAA regulated burn ban, a small "recreational fire" is allowed, without a permit, with the following restrictions:

1. Shall not be within 25 feet of a structure or any combustible material(s).

2. Conditions which would cause a fire to potentially spread within 25 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to igniting the fire.

The burning of yard debris, construction materials or trash is not allowed at any time. The Garbage and Recycling Services web page tells you how debris can be picked up through normal disposal. For more information on indoor and outdoor burning restrictions, call PSCAA at 206-343-8800.

Do recreational fires require that I obtain a permit from the Fire Department?

No. Recreational fires conforming to the above regulations do not require a fire department permit.

Must I be in attendance at all times with fire extinguishing equipment?

Yes. Recreational fires shall be constantly attended and supervised by a person knowledgeable in the use of extinguishing tools like shovels, garden hoses, or a fire extinguisher with a minimum 4-A rating on site, and available for immediate use.

If I can’t burn, what can I do with my yard waste?

Waste haulers offer curbside yard waste pick up for less than $10 a month. You can take it to county transfer sites and hauler drop boxes. Call King County Solid Waste division for more information at (206) 296-4466.

If I receive a complaint from a neighbor will I have to extinguish my fire?

Yes, if:

  • You are burning yard debris, construction materials or trash
  • There is a burn ban – Contact PSCAA for recreational fire burn ban information at 1.800.595.4341
  • Your fire exceeds 3’ in diameter or more than 2’ in height
  • Your fire is within 25’ of any combustible materials unless contained within a portable outdoor fireplace
Fire Station 5


450 110th Ave NEPO Box 90012Bellevue, WA 98009


425-452-6892 (General)

Fax Number


Social Media

Visit out Facebook pageFollow us on TwitterVisit out YouTube channelView our Instagram Feed
Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now